Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danielPrieto
Advocate I
Advocate I

Export dataset into a file from Power BI Service using R script

I have developed a report with PowerBI Desktop that includes a R visual that exports the dataset to a csv by putting a local path:

write.csv2 (dataset, "path/dataset.csv")

Is there any way to do this from PowerBI Service?

3 REPLIES 3
danielPrieto
Advocate I
Advocate I

Any update on this issue please?

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi 

After researching, i don't find any articles about exporting dataset into a file from Power BI Service using R script.

You could consider "export data" in Service.( create a table visual and add all your columns in, then use "export data" fuction.)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/power-bi-visualization-export-data

Best Regards

Maggie

Thanks for your reply @v-juanli-msft but I need export dataset using R script by two reasons:

1. "Export data" function has a row limit.
  2. https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Show-different-columns-columns-based-on-filter/m-p/488788#M.... R script is a form to solve this situation because it allows me to create dynamic tables based on filter/slicer. 

Is it impossible to export data in powerbi without being with the "Export data" function?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors