Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tagoreb
Frequent Visitor

Export data option (...) is missing

Hello

We have observed that the Export Data option (...) is missing from some of the visuals Table, Card etc., when we access the report by clicking on the hyperlink which is created in the text box.  If we access the report from Reports section, we don't see any issue.  

Did any one see this behaviour?  Is this bug with PBI service?

Thanks and Regards,

Ravi

10 REPLIES 10
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@tagoreb

Did you click the text box which added to reports/dashboards like below?

Once I click the hyperlink in the text box, a new browser tab will be created and the corresponding report page will be shown. The export option can also be found.

Is there any difference between out setup and steps?

Export data option (...) is missing_1.jpgExport data option (...) is missing_2.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

Hello Herbert

Yes, below is the example.  Export data option (...) is missing from Table chart and card chart, but fine with bar chart.  I did not check for all visuals to confirm where it is missing.

In your example, try to have a table in the other report just like as you have bar chart and then try.

Thanks for your time

Ravi

@tagoreb

I’ve also tried the same steps with Table and Card chart, but I’m still not be able to repro it.

Export data option (...) is missing_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

Thank you for looking into it.  It appears that its been fixed in PBI Service and we no longer seeing this issue without making any changes to the dashboard.

Thank you

Ravi

While the dots may appear, they don't allow a user to export.  The dots have other options such as sorting but the export feature is now gone in all cases.  We are using out of tenant dashboard sharing and having the same problem.  The ability to export from a tile was there a few weeks back but now it's gone in all cases.  

this seems to be a bug that was introduced.  Does anyone know of visibility into bugs?  How do we get an idea re-opened.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/9609906-export-powerbi-desktop-to...

We notciced this today. It appears we have to make someone an admin of the Group Workspace to see the 3 dots to download. Are the users you are having problems just members of the group or are they admin?

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@tagoreb

I have some of my report consumers experiencing the same issue. The export option is missing from reports on their end but appears on my end. I have even made the long and arduous journey to visit their desk and view their screen. It is just not there.

This happens within a group even if the user is an admin of the data model.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Yes, i think it may be a bug, i have had the same issue with some end users who are experiencing similar problems - the export option is missing for some of them, while other users do have the three '...' on the same report. A couple of users were able to resolve it by signing back in to PowerBI, maybe you could check if that works 

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Are you referring to when you create a link to the report via File | Publish to web? If so, I don't believe that is a bug, but just how it works right now. You could publish an Idea to add this functionality.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors