Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CarlsBerg999
Helper V
Helper V

Export data not visible

Hi,

I have published a report that has a table-visual for which the Export Data is not visible (or the three dots in general). I don't understand why the data in this visual can't be exported by the user, even though the settings say it should be possible. 

On the Desktop version, i have report settings as "Allow end users to export data with current layout and summarized data from the Power BI service or Power BI Report Server". 

In addition, In Power Bi Service i have checked the published report settings, and i have "Summarized data, data with current layout and underlying data".

- I am the admin. 
- No roles/RLS level security is included in the report. 

- Filters can be exported for some reason, although the data table can't be.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilW
Regular Visitor

Hi @CarlsBerg999,

The three dots are in general only visible in the Power BI Service if the visual header is activated.

You can find the setting in the format tab of the visual.

PhilW_0-1644834141428.png

In addition to the settings you mentioned, the visual header must be turned on that the three dots are available.

Best regards,

PhilW

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RajaCSN
Helper III
Helper III

You might have already performed these steps. If not check them:

1. After opening the required PowerBI report, click on the EDIT option and then try to see if your tables can be exported.

2. If not still, then you need to check your Admin portal.

The images below can help, I hope.  For example, I am the admin and have enabled data to be exported as Excel document not in CSV format.

RajaCSN_0-1644834619485.png

RajaCSN_1-1644834663248.png

If this gives you an idea, please update. If the issue is beyond these two points, let me see other possibilities.

Thanks.

C.S.N. Raja

PhilW
Regular Visitor

Hi @CarlsBerg999,

The three dots are in general only visible in the Power BI Service if the visual header is activated.

You can find the setting in the format tab of the visual.

PhilW_0-1644834141428.png

In addition to the settings you mentioned, the visual header must be turned on that the three dots are available.

Best regards,

PhilW

This did the trick! I did not know this. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors