Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jarwest
Helper II
Helper II

Export Visualization as .csv

Hey all,

I have a report that contains a table along with some slicers. I need to find a way to export this table as a .csv, but so far the only methods I have found require creating a dashboard, none for getting a .csv frm a table within a report. Does anyone know of any solid methods I could use to get the .csv file out of a table?

I hope you all are staying well, any help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That doesn't sound right.  On your table visual click the ellipsis (...)  and then Export Data.  

lbendlin_0-1644096437994.png

Then click "Summarized Data" and select the csv option.

lbendlin_1-1644096482646.png

Note the row limitation.  If you don't like that you can run your own DAX query that is equivalent to the one used to render that particular table visual.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @jarwest 

There are several ways to export .CSV files.

• Export data from a visual on a dashboard

• Export data from a visual in a report: Summarized data is available in the Power BI service as .xlsx and .csv and in Power BI Desktop as .csv.

Power BI report designers control the types of data export options that are available for their consumers. The choices are:

• Allow end users to export summarized data from the Power BI service or Power BI Report Server

• Allow end users to export both summarized and underlying data from the service or Report Server

• Don't allow end users to export any data from the service or Report Server

vzhangti_1-1644392798499.png

Considerations:

The maximum number of rows that Power BI Desktop and Power BI service can export from an import mode report to a .csv file is 30,000.

This is the relevant document, hope to help you:

https://docs.microsoft.com/power-bi/consumer/end-user-export 

https://docs.microsoft.com/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-export-data 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That doesn't sound right.  On your table visual click the ellipsis (...)  and then Export Data.  

lbendlin_0-1644096437994.png

Then click "Summarized Data" and select the csv option.

lbendlin_1-1644096482646.png

Note the row limitation.  If you don't like that you can run your own DAX query that is equivalent to the one used to render that particular table visual.

This is what I was looking for and the solution I ended up going with. I initially was looking at this issue all wrong, thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors