Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

darentengdrake
Resolver II
Resolver II

Export Underlying Data not exporting everything

Hi,

I am trying to export underlying data of a chart I have but it is missing some data. For example, my barchart has data for March 2019, June 2019 to March 2020. When I export the data, March 2019 is not included in the dataset. My source file does have the data.

Any idea what's up?

Thanks!

Daren

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi there

If the filter is showing you the same output, then that would be why it is not exporting what you expect.

I would suggest making sure that the filter shows the same way you want it to be exported.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Can you see what the report settings are for exporting data?

It would appear that there might be a filter maybe removing Mar 2019?

Power BI Blog

Hi Gilbert,

How do I see the report settings?

Daren

Hi there

In the App Workspace, click on reports and then for your report, click on the settings button.

image.png

Power BI Blog

Thanks, but I don't think it's filtering anything. Would it be that it is taking only the latest 12 months? Since it's taking 12 months from the latest month, which is March 2020?

Hi there

That could possibly be the case

When you hover over the filter on the visual what does it show you?

Power BI Blog

Hi,

I have 2 filters applied to this visual. One of the filters is dollar amount greater than $3000, and the other one is a binary field. It seems that when I remove the filter for the dollar amount, March 2019 data present when I export it. However, even if I have the filter on, March 2019 data is in the visual. I don't know if it makes sense or not but if it appears in the visual, shouldn't it appear in the dataset when I export as well?

Hi 

This might be caused by filter in report, you could see below images, it will export data which apply filter 

221.PNG220...PNG

You could refer to Export data from visualizations for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi

I understand that, but the thing that I don't understand is that since the filter is applied to the visual, e.g. filtering Dollar more than $3000, which means that anything more than $3000 will be included in the visual. However, March 2019 does not appear in the underlying export file eventhough it is in the visual, which does not make sense since whatever is showing in the visual should appear in the underlying export file.

Daren

Hi Daren,

That makes total sense as it is not exporting what you are viewing.

If you hover of the Filter button, does it indicate to you what is filtering the visual?

Power BI Blog

Hi Gilbert,

Yes it is showing me what I filtered out.

Hi there

If the filter is showing you the same output, then that would be why it is not exporting what you expect.

I would suggest making sure that the filter shows the same way you want it to be exported.

Power BI Blog

Thanks for the tips, @GilbertQ !

No worries, glad to help you!

Power BI Blog

Hi there

It would appear that the filter is causing the data to change the way it is exported?

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors