Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Export Underlying Data and Summarized Data

Currently Power BI visuals are giving same output when we export using  Underlying Data and Summarized Data using SSAS live connection.  Underlying Data has to give all measures from measure group and Summarized Data used to display the measures which we kept in visual but this is not happening from last 2 months.  We are getting measures available in the visual for both options when we export data.  Can you please confirm if this is the expected behavior.  Is there any updates to be done from our side so that both the data is exported differently.

4 REPLIES 4
zuheirashraf17
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hello, was this issue left unsolved?

I found this topic as I am having the same issue.. Data is connecting through AAS, underlying data and summarized export features giving the same result. Other report connecting to SQL DB seems to be working fine. 

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I think this might be due to it being connected via LiveConnection to an SSAS instance.

Whilst if the data is imported to Power BI Desktop, it would then work as expected?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply Gilbert. 

IN Power BI Service, when exporing data using Summarized Data, Data in the Visuals is exported.

When exporing using Underlying Data option, Other measures in the Measure group from Cube is not coming up post April.  Only data in the Visuals is again getting exported.

In Power BI Desktop, Only Export data option is available.  Data exported is similar to Summarized Data.

Was there any change in Power BI due to which different data is not getting exported for Summarized and Underlying Data options.

@GilbertQ wrote:
Hi there

I think this might be due to it being connected via LiveConnection to an SSAS instance.

Whilst if the data is imported to Power BI Desktop, it would then work as expected?

Hi there

It would possibly appear then that when connecting to an SSAS Instance you can only get the summarized data?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors