Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Export To Excel failing - Paginated Report

Hi All,

I am trying to export a Paginated report in tan excel file from Power BI Service. Every time it fails with error message - "Export Failed. Please try to export your report again".  But I am able to export csv from the same report without any issue. Not sure what is causing this issue. Everything is fine with tenant settings too.

Any Ideas on this?

Thanks in advance,

Max

5 REPLIES 5
v-jialluo-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I found a post with a similar problem in the forum, this post indicates that the export failed because of the router, you can see if this post is helpful for the question
Solved: Re: Export Failed - Paginated Report when using Ne... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Gallen Luo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also saw this, but interestingly, I checked today & some other reports were getting exported to excel successfully. Not sure router issue would affect only one report

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

How large is the data you are trying to export?

What happens if you send the export as an attachment does that work?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very small actually, some 10k rows. I can not download the export as it fails everytime.

Was there ever a solution?  Having the same issue with one of my reports.  Others are working fine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors