Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Export Report user list to CSV/Excel

Hi,

I need to export the list of my Report users to a CSV or Excel file. However there seems to be no option to do that. When I try to copy the content from the Power BI service HTML page, its either not working or the copied values are not in <TR> <TD> format. Its all jumbled up!
This happens both in the Manage Security and the "Shared User list"
I cant beleive we dont have this feature yet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

I checked power bi REST API but haven't found any API can export report users. (it only allow you to export users list for group or gateway datasource)

Maybe you can consider tracing power bi audit log to extract specific logs that logged users view power bi reports. (you can group users by viewed report id)

Use auditing within your organization

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

I checked power bi REST API but haven't found any API can export report users. (it only allow you to export users list for group or gateway datasource)

Maybe you can consider tracing power bi audit log to extract specific logs that logged users view power bi reports. (you can group users by viewed report id)

Use auditing within your organization

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Ugly but efficient.....

open the share page in Chrome, and then start a developer mode using F12

in the console area type the following command:

$('span.emailColumn').each(function() { console.log ($(this).text())})

This will give you all the mail addresses 🙂 in a list

or.... even cooler:
$('.permissionTable li').each(function() { console.log ( $(this).children('span.nameColumn').text(),",",$(this).children('span.emailColumn').text(),",",$(this).children('span.memberAccessColumn').text())})

which will give you a CSV list in the console to be copy/pasted

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Alexander.  Looks like there's been some code change and it isn't working any more.

Have you managed to get this working with the new layout?

no... unfortunately not...
at the moment there is no one in my organisation asking for this report, so I can't spend time working on it 😞

maybe you can work it out yourself with the clues in the previous messages in the thread...

good luck 🍀

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors