Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NaveenMohan
Frequent Visitor

Export Power BI report to PDF using Power Automate with filters applied

Hi,

We have a requirement on Power BI report. Every month we need to export one perticular report to PDF for n number of members and store it in SharePoint/StorageAccounts. I found "https://wisedatadecisions.com/2021/01/18/filter-email-power-bi-report-pages-using-power-automate-exc... document for the reference. My question is what is maximum number of PDF's we can export if we use the Power Automate.

If we want to export one perticular report to more than 20000PDF's based on the condition(For each member need to export one seperate PDF's), what is the best approach. Can anybody help me out here.

Thanks in advance,

Naveen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @NaveenMohan ,

According to your description and the literature you provided, using power automate is the best way to go. As stated therein, it enables sharing of reports to multiple customer groups.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NaveenMohan ,

This is a known limitation on the power automate in power bi. I don't see any limitation on the number of PDFs exported.

vmengzhumsft_0-1667787441360.png

Related link:

Trigger a cloud flow from any Power BI report - Power Automate | Microsoft Learn

Regarding your needs, I don't quite understand why you would need to export so many PDF files. If you need to share to many users, I think you can create a group of users and share to them uniformly.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi Selina zhu,

Actually the users will not have tenant access and our requirement is to export the PBI file into PDf and store in some SharePoint location and the file will be send to the use accordingly.

If there are any other solutions, please guide us to it.

Thanks,

Naveen

Hi @NaveenMohan ,

According to your description and the literature you provided, using power automate is the best way to go. As stated therein, it enables sharing of reports to multiple customer groups.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors