Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pescem2
Frequent Visitor

Export File Shows Different Total of Column?

My PBI table is showing one total, but when I export the summarized data, it shows a different total. Any ideas as to why?

8 REPLIES 8
pescem2
Frequent Visitor

I have a theory that I am hoping someone can confirm...

I believe the totals didn't match up because the dataset was in the middle of a refresh. It is my opinion that either the report was showing a previous total and the refresh caused the export to have a mish-mash of "old" and "new" data caused by the refresh.

Thoughts?

That is a good theory. Can you try again without refreshing while exporting?

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Sorry I forgot to mention that I did an export while the dataset wasn't refreshing and my totals matched.

Hi @pescem2 ,

It seems like a possible reason, Does the issue happen every time when the dataset is refreshing? Could you please try to reproduce this issue again when the dataset is refreshing?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes, I exported again during a refresh and my totals were different. I am going to assume this was the cause of the issue the entire time.

v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pescem2 ,

Does there have extra rows / records in table visual after exported, Or just the value of total changed? What is the connective mode of this report, Import , DirectQuery or Live Connection? Does there any Row-Level Security (RLS) applied to this report?

Please don't contain any Confidential Information or Real data in your reply.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi, please pay attention at the way you are checking the options of the export. You can export summarized or underlying data like the picture:

Export optionsExport options

Regards,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

We block exporting underlying data as a company policy, but that still doesn't explain why the summarized data doesn't match my table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors