Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dayananthan
Helper I
Helper I

Export Data is not coming in Report for few users in Power BI Service

I have published one Power BI Report and all the users can able to export the data from the Grid in Power BI app service but for two users export data option is not coming. All access has been given to user and they can able to view the data in report but export option is not coming when they right click on the grid. User tried in Chrome browser and also in Edge in both they were not getting this export data option. Looks weird did any one face like this before? On the report level export option is enabled to all the users to download summarized data. Any ideas or suggestions?

Organization level export is enabled. Report is published in workspace and user has read permission to the report and also RLS enabled.

Regards,

DayananthanPowerBI_ExportData_Issue.jpgExportSettings.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dayananthan ,

1.In Power BI Service, did the admin enable the Export data option?

5.png

2.To export the data from a visual, you need to have Build permission for the underlying dataset.

3.Custom visuals and R visuals aren't currently supported.

4.Export data isn't available for users outside of your organization who are using a dashboard that an internal user has shared with them.

For more limitations of export data feature, you can refer to :https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-export-data#limitations-and....

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @dayananthan ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark the right answer as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards

Amy

Yes Thanks Amy

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dayananthan ,

1.In Power BI Service, did the admin enable the Export data option?

5.png

2.To export the data from a visual, you need to have Build permission for the underlying dataset.

3.Custom visuals and R visuals aren't currently supported.

4.Export data isn't available for users outside of your organization who are using a dashboard that an internal user has shared with them.

For more limitations of export data feature, you can refer to :https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-export-data#limitations-and....

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

dayananthan
Helper I
Helper I

Solution :

The user should have BUILD permission to the underlying dataset to export data from the reports.

Go to Datasets -> Manage Permissions -> Add BUILD 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/User-is-not-able-to-use-quot-Export-Data-quot-and-quot-Anal...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors