Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bobwangvo

Export Data Setting Disappeared

I published report to Power bi service, and want to change the setting to enable export Summarized data and Underlying data, but I can't find the the drop down list from Setting panel, the part of Export Data in Setting panel disappeared! Please fix this issue ASAP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, I believe Microsoft made this change without notification, but it works anyway.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Swapn22
Frequent Visitor

My option for exporting data disappeared all of a sudden and the same with all the shared users. I tried all the options recommended on this forum but nothing helped. Can anyone please help me here?

Hi there

That might be if an Admin who changed the setting. Possibly contact your Power BI Administrator?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

That is correct. It was IS who was the Admin for the server and they have to enable Export data option from Tenant setting in Admin Portal. Link for reference(https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/pbix-file-not-able-to-download/m-p/894468)

Thank You For your help 🙂 .

mprodigee
Employee
Employee

I tried the steps above but still the user isn't able to see the export option like she used to. I saw other forums suggesting making changes on tenant settings under Power BI Admin, unfortunately I don't have that option available to me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

After a lot of digging, I have found that a free user can only export data if under the share option

"Allow users to build new content using the underlying datasets" is checked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, Allow users to build new content using the underlying datasets, when checked then only users were able to see Export data option in power bi service, change made in PBI desktop local file didn't worked. Does anyone know if this has been changed because i don't want them to give build access.

There was a change where users who have had the dataset shared with them can now export.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/change-to-summarized-data-export-behavior-with-build-permis...

Power BI Blog

Thanks for letting us know.

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there It does appear to be missing What you can do is modify the settings in your PBIX file under Report Settings in the Options

Power BI Blog

Where is the PBIX file?  I have the same issue.  

Thanks

You can find in Power BI Desktop, see pictures below,

1.png2.PNG

So now this is in the Power BI Desktop and NOT under the Report Settings once the report is Published?

I think I like it the other way.  However, as long as I can still use this feature that works.

Thanks

Kathy

Yes, I believe Microsoft made this change without notification, but it works anyway.

I agree as long as I know where to make the change and it works, that is fine with me!

Power BI Blog

Thank you! It works.

Hi there, thanks for letting us know.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors