Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

Export Data --- Now available?

Just found an Export button on my report tiles this morning. Haven't seen the update blog yet but when I clicked it, it exported to EXCEL!

Anyone else notice this?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

9 REPLIES 9
agenovese
Frequent Visitor

Looks like it is the chart data(aggregated date) in CSV format, not the drill down.

It may not be drill down but it sure is a start in the right direction! And, mine exported to Excel when I requested Excel.

Oh for sure! I am super excited about it, just wanted to see if people had what I saw.

The email went out to my CFO immediately about this, he has been waiting for the export to CSV function before signing the company up with pro accounts.

The aggregated data from dashboard tiles and report visuals is nicely exported in CSV format. Great.

It looks like it is limits to 10K rows of data only. Does it sound correct?

Thanks;

Andrew

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

If you are referring to the ellipses | Export data, yeah, I just found that based on your post.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler

@kcantor

@HarrisMalik

@agenovese

I seems to have more data when i use the export feature than i expected.  for example, I have a data set of 3185 records, i then have 3654 records when i export it to excel.  I have another set of 4886 records in excel, and it came out to 5853 records when i export to excel.  It does not seem to make sense to me.  Did you know the reason why would this happened?

Thanks;

Andrew

@AndrewDang

I did a quick experiment but mine did not really increase in quantity. Of course, I used smaller visuals and matrix tables. I had the same number of rows when the header was taken into account. For my graphs, there were several 'header rows' but the matrix only added one.

What kind of visual are you exporting the data behind?

@kcantor

Thanks for getting back to me quickly.  I have to clarify that I am using Desktop version and Table chart. I believe that this is still raw data.  I had joined data from multiple tables.  I am hoping to have the same number of records shown on my table chart when i export it to excel.

Let me know if you have any question and thanks for your help.

Andrew

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors