Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shivayogi123
Regular Visitor

Export Data - Default to Summarized Data -Table and Metrix View

Hi Team,

I have craeted one report and i have added 2 visuals metrix and Table view.

When i publish the report to cloud on Powerbi.com.

When i tried to extract the data "Export Data".

Shivayogi123_1-1665154654634.png

The option defaults to "Data with Current Layout"

Shivayogi123_0-1665154593981.png

Can i change the default to select on "Summarrized Data"?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Shivayogi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @Shivayogi123 

The desktop version is updated, and the settings on this side have been modified accordingly. After many tests, "Data with Current Layout" is always the default value first. Can't be changed.

vzhangti_0-1665563808878.png

This is by design. power BI is now unable to achieve what you need . You can submit an idea for it at   https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/   and wait for users with the same needs as you to vote for you to help make it happen as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Shivayogi123 

Power BI report designers control the types of data export options that are available for their consumers. The choices are:

• Allow end users to export summarized data from the Power BI service or Power BI Report Server

• Allow end users to export both summarized and underlying data from the service or Report Server

• Don't allow end users to export any data from the service or Report Server

vzhangti_0-1665370675513.png

Here you can modify the settings to control the options for exporting data.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Report Settings->Export Data: I have changed the options but the default is still pointing to the "Data with Current Layout".

Is the default for Table and Matrix will be defaulted to " Data with Current Layout" and it cannot be changed?

Thanks

Shivayogi

Hi, @Shivayogi123 

The desktop version is updated, and the settings on this side have been modified accordingly. After many tests, "Data with Current Layout" is always the default value first. Can't be changed.

vzhangti_0-1665563808878.png

This is by design. power BI is now unable to achieve what you need . You can submit an idea for it at   https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/   and wait for users with the same needs as you to vote for you to help make it happen as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors