Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

Export Dashboards to PDF / PNG for offline access & easily present anywhere

It is often a requirement from clients as Dashboards could not be shared outside of organization domain, make it available for export in any suitable format like Power Point or PDF or PNG/JPG or Excel, so that other party can easily visualize and present it. Also this can serve as a useful case for offline access as well. Good to have an export option.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

You already can share the report through the PowerBI app from Windows or your IOS device and email an image of the report by or share it through OneNote.

However, having export to Excel and PDF feature would be really nice.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
BramPeerlings
Regular Visitor

I just stumbled across this thread, and am quite disappointed that even after a few years, this seemingly basic functionality has not been implemented.

However, I also wanted to share a work-around that might help.

1. Export to PDF

2. Open in Acrobat

3. Go to File > Preferences (in Acrobat), 'General'-tab and set 'Use fixed resolution for Snapshot tool images' to a sufficiently high value (e.g. 300)

4. Use the Snapshot tool to copy (the part of) the page with the visual

5. Save as PNG/JPG

Although far from ideal, this at least allows you to get a higher resolution PNG/JPG-file from PowerBI.

icantwi
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

You can select Print Dashboard from the dashboard actions menu next to the share button. This will allow you to print to PDF.

Hope that helps 🙂

choukria

It's a must have requirement that all users are requesting everytime we present the PwoerBI tool. It woul be very nice to have at least the same option already available on PowerView on Sharepoint "save as ppt". Some users are rejecting the solution just because they cann't export the reports/dashbords to PDF or PPT format. And it's realy too bad that the solution is rejected for a such misssing feature.

According to the feedback forum, work on this has started - Export to pdf was merged with the 'Allow proper printing' request that has 1600+ votes so they do listen.

This is a must have to my users. I noticed on one of the comments in the feedback forum that one of the Microsoft reps had stated that this was appearing very soon - fingers crossed for the November update as this is a must have in the Power BI desktop also!

Exporting to PDF/printing did not appear in november or december update, so this is still the dealbreaker for my company. They won't use Power BI widespread until proper exports are available.

You can Print to PDF  from the Dashboard. this is not yet possible from the desktop version.

Publish from your Desktop app to PowerBi web-app and then from the dashboard, Print as PDF. 

hope this helps..

Has there been any progress on exporting a Tile as a PNG?

Agree, we would like this as a feature also. 

This seems like such a basic thing I don't understand why itit's not possible. 

We have a report made in word that needs to be submitted to our politicians and I have to use snipping tool to get images from Power BI. Believe me it's not possible in this method to get 2 images with identical dimensions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You already can share the report through the PowerBI app from Windows or your IOS device and email an image of the report by or share it through OneNote.

However, having export to Excel and PDF feature would be really nice.

I dont understand.

I can see how to share from your IOS device and email an image of a tile.

Annotate and share a snapshot of a tile from the iPad app (Power BI for iOS)

How can you share into OneNote? Is it the same process?

Agree, Export to PDF would be nice.

This seems to be a fundamental oversight. There is no current way to print or export your reports or dashboards (complete). Users want the ability to include in management report packs (offline).

The email from iOS is not suitable as the image quality is poor. Same goes for screen prints.

Not sure how this thread is marked as solved??

I believe you can only share Dashboard Tiles, and not reports using the apps, but this is a very good point, the apps definitely help with sharing the image.

You might want to vote on this suggestion as I think it is along the lines of what you are requesting.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors