Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ausrine
Frequent Visitor

Exclude data from refresh

Hi all, 

I've made a report on Power BI Desktop and I have excluded one SQL dataset from report refresh.

As I understand, once I upload the report to Power BI Service and refresh it, it refreshes all data sources (even the one I excluded). How can I keep that certain dataset in Power BI Service excluded from refresh?

Thanks, 

Ausrine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@ausrine

As you publish your .pbix onto Power BI Service, it will replace the dataset (for entire report) existing on Power BI Service. If you remove the SQL dataset from .pbix, it will not include this data source on Power BI Service after you publish this report. So data refresh will not cover this SQL data source. You can also delete that SQL data source under "Manage Gateway". 

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@ausrine

As you publish your .pbix onto Power BI Service, it will replace the dataset (for entire report) existing on Power BI Service. If you remove the SQL dataset from .pbix, it will not include this data source on Power BI Service after you publish this report. So data refresh will not cover this SQL data source. You can also delete that SQL data source under "Manage Gateway". 

Regards

It works, thank you @v-sihou-msft

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors