Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

konstantinos
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Exchange Connector – OAuth Support Feb update - Service don't accept OAuth Authentication

With the latest Feb update in PowerBI desktop (Exchange Connector – OAuth Support )  we are able to connect to O365 exchange and do great stuff. 

All great but when we upload the file to Service and try to schedule refresh the dialog box for Exchange data source credentials don't support  OAuth, only Basic & Windows authentication.

Is this a small miss feature that you will add soon or it will not be supported yet?

Untitled.png

Konstantinos Ioannou
2 REPLIES 2
Tarun_Dewat

Hi Guys,

Have you been able to resolve this issue at all?

I'm confused as to which Data Source Type to select.

Regards

Tarun

Evogelpohl
Helper V
Helper V

Confused.  I just tried to refresh my "Email Analysis" PBIX that uses the Exchange Office 365 connector.  I get this error in the Service below.  I've tried both "Windows" and "Basic".

Are you saying that without OAuth, this connection will not refresh - by design?  Or, is there a bug in my report?

Failed to update data source credentials: We are unable to connect to the data source. Please ensure that data source is accessible.Hide details
Activity ID:	35146f22-997f-f8a1-698c-987c47e4bc6f
Request ID:	74e021b4-fc3f-add7-4d88-05dbb5abe9ec
Status code:	400
Time:	Mon May 02 2016 09:23:40 GMT-0500 (CDT)
Version:	13.0.1100.472
Cluster URI:	https://wabi-us-north-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Details:	Exchange: We were unable to contact the Microsoft Exchange Autodiscover Service. Please make sure the Autodiscover Service is properly set up and your credential is valid.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors