Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KeyDiego
Frequent Visitor

Excel export

Hi everybody,

I am exporting the data in Excel using the "Analyze in Excel" function, as you can see in the photo below:

Excel.JPG

Then I am creting some graph and chart and I would like to share the Excel file also with other member of my company. Some of my collegues have a Power BI license and access to the data and others not, but I get always the following error:

Excel.JPG

Could you please help me in solving it?

Many thanks to everyone!
Diego

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

First off, "Analyze in Excel"  is different from Export. It creates a cached connection to the Power BI dataset that users with Build permissions can refresh.

Are you running on Power BI Pro or Power BI Premium?  If you are not on Premium then all users of your Excel file need a PRO license if they want to REFRESH the connection.  But if you refresh the connection and then send the Excel file around the non- Pro users can also see the data (just not refresh it)

Thank you Ibendlin, but I have tried also today to share an Excel file with an user (who has a Power BI Pro License) and he is still not able to refresh the data. I have also set him as "Owner" of the dataset and of the Working Space but nothing. Still the same error.

Do you have any suggestion about it?

Many Thanks

Diego

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors