Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Excel export returns a recover message

Hi Guys,

I have a report published to Power BI Service which has data for a couple of months.

This report has a table visual and might have 40k to 50k rows for each month with some 45 columns

When I export the data to excel, the report gets exported. But when I try to open the excel, it is asking for me to recover the sheet before opening. Once I accept, It recovers the sheet and shows the data.

Below is the screenshot

excelrecover.png

After recovering, it gives me the link to get the cell information of recovered items in an xml file and the xml file with the actual link is displayed in browser

As far as I checked there's not any special items (except few DAX calculations) in the file that could corrupt the file and ask for a recovery of the same

Any idea what is happening?

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Thejeswar,

I think it might be compatibility issue between power bi service and new version excel.

Please contact to powerbi/office team to confirm if any unsupported format when export data from power bi service.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors