Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MaxItaly
Helper III
Helper III

Excel export limit: does it not warns if you are downloading more than 150k rows?

Hello everyone,

I'd like to have a confirmation about this: when i try to export in Excel something and it has more than 150K rows (I am a pro user), shouldn't it warn me that I'm downloading only a fraction of the total?
Or am I missing something?
If the final user is not warned about that, he may be analyzing some incorrect data.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @MaxItaly,

I'd like to have a confirmation about this: when i try to export in Excel something and it has more than 150K rows (I am a pro user), shouldn't it warn me that I'm downloading only a fraction of the total?
If the final user is not warned about that, he may be analyzing some incorrect data.

Based on the document, the maximum number of rows that can be exported to .xlsx is 150,000.

If your download more than 150k rows you may get a limit warning.

For more limitations of Export data, you could refer to this official document.

In addition, you could refer to this similar thread.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @MaxItaly,

Based on the document, the maximum number of rows that can be exported to .xlsx is 150,000.

If your download more than 150k rows you may get a limit warning.

For more limitations of Export data, you could refer to this official document.

In addition, you could refer to this similar thread.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, thanks for the info, but what I really wanted to have a confirmation why it does not warn me if I'm trying to download more than 150K rows.

It really should have to warn me.

I have already read those links, I'll just guess I can do nothing about it.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors