1) Created PBI Dataflow entities in Power BI Service
2) In Power BI Desktop, connected live to PBI Dataflow
3) Created star schema and published to PBI Service
4) On the published dataset, click analyse in excel
5) open .odc file in excel to create pivot table report and few charts
6) published the excel to Power BI service workspace
7) Click on published Excel in Power BI Service
😎 It opens up fine but when i interact or click any field in Pivot table, i get :
After clicking Yes:
1) I know what i'm doing probably looks like going in a circle with uploading excel back into Power BI service. The idea is to have all excel templates within Power BI workspace for a team to be able to collaborate. So while they can use Power BI service worspace as a storage location for excel workbooks having Pivot table interactions within excel online would be good. is this possible? After all, excel in power bi service is just connecting to PBI dataset again within same workspace.
If the excel is edited in desktop app it works fine.
2) To refresh the excel report, what are the options? obviously the underlying PBI dataset will be refreshed on a schedule and i could tick the refresh on opening checkbox but is it possible to trigger Excel report refresh too on a schedule or after dataset is refreshed?
3) I understand Publish to dashboard Excel add in has been replaced with Analyse in Excel. Does anyone have a download link for 64 bit version please?