Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mitch_o
Regular Visitor

Excel LTSC Connect to Power BI Dataset

Hi all,

I have a user that is using Excel LTSC Professional Plus 2021 and is trying to connect to a Power BI dataset from Excel. They do not have the steps listed here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-connect-excel-power-bi-datasets#...

Are there any known ways to connect to the Power BI Datasets?

Thanks,

Mitch

6 REPLIES 6
IMett
Helper III
Helper III

Hi everyone,

I have the same "problem". We also have the LTSC version of Excel, and most user don't see the "Get Data > From Power BI" button. According to the documentation, it shouldn't be possible indeed, because the build number of our Excel version is lower than 15128.

However I can see the button and it also works as expected, although I have the same Excel version.

Unfortunately I can't figure out the difference between my properties and those of the other users.
Is there maybe an other way to receive this option for older Excel versions, which is not properly documented?

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mitch_o

Try this:

To access Office privacy settings, open any Office application, select Account, and under Account Privacy select the Manage Settings button. This will open the Account Privacy settings dialog box where you can select your privacy options.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Hi,

The issue is that the Get Data > From Power BI (Microsoft) option does not exist. It is a pro workspace and the end user has a pro account. 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I  don't know if that will work with a Pro workspace. In a premium workspace you can find the connection string in the server settings for the dataset.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Use the Analysis Services connector.

Hi Ibendlin,

What would the connection look like?

The workspace is a pro workspace?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors