Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

marcinkranz
Frequent Visitor

Excel Dataset from One Drive for Business not refreshing, no error message

I've only been using Power BI for a few days, but up until now I had no issues refreshing my datasets. I am using the browser version of Power BI, and I am linking my excel spreadsheets through One Drive for business.

However, when I try refreshing any data set now, a pop-up that says "refreshing" runs for a few seconds and then abruptly disappears. The data set does not refresh, and I get no error message. The refresh attempt also does not show up in the refresh history.

None of the other solutions I saw on here are applicable because I all of them had some sort of error. The refresh worked fine 2 hours ago, and all I did after that is share it with 2 people. I did not change any settings.

Thanks in advance for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @marcinkranz,

Did this file connect to other data source? Where are you host this file? I think it may related to azure data service.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

It is not linked to any other data source. The spreadsheet is entirely self-contained. It is in a sharepoint folder in One Drive for Business. I'm not sure where it is hosted.

If it is hosted in azure and related to the azure data service, is there a way to test or troubleshoot that?

Hi @marcinkranz,

You can refer to below link to know where power bi host.

13.png

Since there are not enough detail information about your issue, can you please use fiddler trace refresh operation and share logs here?

Fiddler - Free Web Debugging Proxy - Telerik

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors