Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danielwo
Regular Visitor

Excel Data Refresh Query

Hi all,

I have an Excel file on Sharepoint and I use PowerBi Service to GetData and then build report, however I got the follow 2 data refresh queries whenever I do editing on Excel

1. Originally I have a tab called "Exec" in the Excel file, after importing to PowerBI Service it becomes a table called "Exec", that is all great. However,  now I need to rename tab name from "Exec" in Excel to something else say "Case". I found the corresponding table on PowerBI Servie would not be renamed and all previously created visual report no longer work. Until I rename it back to original name, then everything works again. 

Question is how can I make change on Excel tab name so it will take the same effect to the table in PowerBI service??

2. When I modify the structure of a table in Excel, say adding or removing table columes, the change in the corresponding table in PowerBI doesnt take effect immediately even I refresh the dataset immediately. Seems I need to wait for several hours then the changes would take effect in the PowerBI table.

Question: How can I make the change immeidately?

Thanks.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@danielwo,

Press F5 to refresh the page, but the table and column name used in visualizations of your reports will not automatically change.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@danielwo,

Press F5 to refresh the page, but the table and column name used in visualizations of your reports will not automatically change.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors