cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielwo Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Excel Data Refresh Query

Hi all,

I have an Excel file on Sharepoint and I use PowerBi Service to GetData and then build report, however I got the follow 2 data refresh queries whenever I do editing on Excel

1. Originally I have a tab called "Exec" in the Excel file, after importing to PowerBI Service it becomes a table called "Exec", that is all great. However,  now I need to rename tab name from "Exec" in Excel to something else say "Case". I found the corresponding table on PowerBI Servie would not be renamed and all previously created visual report no longer work. Until I rename it back to original name, then everything works again. 

Question is how can I make change on Excel tab name so it will take the same effect to the table in PowerBI service??

2. When I modify the structure of a table in Excel, say adding or removing table columes, the change in the corresponding table in PowerBI doesnt take effect immediately even I refresh the dataset immediately. Seems I need to wait for several hours then the changes would take effect in the PowerBI table.

Question: How can I make the change immeidately?

Thanks.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Excel Data Refresh Query

@danielwo,

Press F5 to refresh the page, but the table and column name used in visualizations of your reports will not automatically change.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Excel Data Refresh Query

@danielwo,

Press F5 to refresh the page, but the table and column name used in visualizations of your reports will not automatically change.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.