cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sidwayne Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Evicted Dataset location

I am little confused with this whole eviction scenario. I have Premium P1 license, so RAM alloted is 25 GB. Say I refresh 5 datasets each of size 5 GB, does all these 5 dataset reside in RAM. If I then start the refresh of another dataset, I assume one of the dataset proccessed for the first time gets evicted. After eviction does it reside in the hard disk of the server? I mean what happens if a user tries to run a report against this evicted datset, will he/she have any performance impact?

4 REPLIES 4
Frequent Visitor

Re: Evicted Dataset location

Hi folks any input is appreciated.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @sidwayne

From my understand, if you refresh 5 datasets each of size 5 GB, all these 5 dataset will not reside in RAM at the same time. RAM will automatically allocate resource space according to some rules. 

In addition, if one of the dataset proccessed for the first time gets evicted, it will not reside in RAM, so there will be more cache space, then if there is another refresh, the performance will be better as it has more space.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Frequent Visitor

So when the evicted dataset is refreshed again, does it again go to the RAM?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @sidwayne,

Yes.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.