Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything is broken

I have reported with multiple SQL Server data sources. Today everything seems broken. 

• Trying to schedule refresh online doesn't tend to work because it will fail often to connect to the SQL Server source. (ongoing issue) 
  • A refresh in Power BI desktop usually fails due to networking error (can't find the source). I'll often have to hit the refresh button 5+ times before it works.  (ongoing issue for both SQL Server and Azure SQL sources) 
  • When I try to publish a report I get an exception: Exception type: Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Services.PowerBIWebException (new issue) 
  • I am unable to delete a report from the Power BI service (it disappears from the list but a refresh shows it's still there) (new issue)
  • I'm unable to delete a dataset from the Power BI service (it triggers a notification saying it failed).  (new issue)
  • The Power BI Support page seems broken (it's not rendering correctly on Chrome (new issue)

Is it just me, or is this tool hideously broken for others as well? I'm up to 1.5 hours just to refresh data for a report. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

The service started working shortly after I posted this. Or at least basic functionality returned. I still get very frequent data refresh failures, but I can usually work around that.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous

I have been using the Power BI Service today and not had any issues. I do have a dataset that is refreshing Google Analytics data and that too is working as per normal.

It would appear that with so many things not working, I would suggest a possible reboot of your PC? And possibly to ask the networking guys if there are any network issues, as it does appear that it is all related to connectivity and moving data around.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

The service started working shortly after I posted this. Or at least basic functionality returned. I still get very frequent data refresh failures, but I can usually work around that.

Hi @Anonymous,

You have resolved your issue by yourself? If it is, please mark your reply as answer, so more people will find solution clearly.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @Anonymous

What is the location of your Power BI Service?

It would appear to me that it might be network related issues from your network to the Power BI Service, if you are often experiencing data refresh issues.

As I have not read anywhere else that there is a Power BI Service issue.

You can also view the support page link below which will notify you of any current issues, as well as in the Office 365 Admin Portal

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors