Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Establishing Gateway connection with Google Big Query

Hello Team,

I am trying to connect to Google Big Query EDW and using some Tables from it using DirectQuery Model. I was able to successfully connect to GBQ and the Tables were reflecting inside my Power BI Model of my Power BI Desktop, However when I tried to publish this, and I tried to setup a Gateway between the Workspace Dataset and the Google Big Query Server,

The Following is the error that I get. I have also tried to add the Gateway at apps.powerbi but there is no Gateway for Google Big Query EDW. 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using SIMBA ODBC Driver for BigQuery? If so, it is correct you need a gateway for PowerBi-GCP connection.

What is the error you are getting?

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

To my knowledge, when you connect to Google Big Query, you don't need gateway.

Why do you want to setup a Gateway between the Workspace Dataset and the Google Big Query Server?

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want to use SQL Queries for creating a table, you need to setup a gateway, because the native connector dont support SQL. (And that is the main advantage of BigQuery..) 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors