Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

qsong
Helper II
Helper II

Errors on dataflow created using sharepoint folder data

Hi PBI Community,

Recently the dataflows I created before stopped working. The reason was that "The field 'Hidden' of the record wasn's found". I do not quite understand the meaning of the error message, especially I just got it from the dataflows which worked well in the past. My question is how to fix them.

Also I tried to create a dataflow again to replace the old one which does not work now.  I used two ways to deal with it, and none works for me:

1) I created the dataflow linked to data source - sharepoint folder. When I combined all excel files in the folder, I got error message - unexpected error;

2) I created the dataflow by pasting M queries from desktop version to the blank query of the dataflow. I had the same error message - "The field 'Hidden' of the record wasn's found".

I appreciate any assistance for that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @qsong 

It seems that 'Hiddenfield has been removed or renamed. please click each step in the right pane in power query to see this error happens on which setp.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lin,

My dataflow has the following steps:

1) data source: sharepoint folder

2) filter rows: a specific folder path

3) filter hidden files: it is an automatic step when I decide to combine all excel files in the specif folder by clicking double arrow sign of the content column

4)...

The error message comes out in the third step: it seems that it rejects to combine all excel files. I do not know why it happens now. Do you have any idea about it and how to fix it? 

Thank you. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors