Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jonas1
Helper I
Helper I

Errormessage: The connection string used for the mashup data source is invalid or the gateway

Hi, 

Saw someone writing about the same error in 2017, but then it was supposed to be fixed. Why do I experience the same thing now? 

I am using a script from Python to connect to an 2Auth API. For one of the tables I first run the authentication (2 requests), and then import the data with one or more requests. The data are then imported to Power BI desktop as a Pandas Dataframe. Could the number of requests be the reason why it does not seem to work?

Updating the report in the destop works fine, so I would expect that everything that is possible to do in the desktop should be possible in the service as well? 

@dimazaid , are you still around? 

Complete errormessage: 

Something went wrong
The connection string used for the mashup data source is invalid or the gateway needs to be upgraded to the latest version.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Cluster URI: WABI-WEST-EUROPE-B-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 4f20e62b-d7c4-439e-adab-577658801b19
Request ID: 1d6800cf-f6d4-9560-36af-35e748ca45cf
Time: 2019-08-05 14:24:05Z

Kind regards, 

Jonas

2 REPLIES 2
u02cm62
Helper V
Helper V

You need a gateway on an Azure VM on your network, with the PBI gateway installed with the latest version.  That has the mashup engine in it that it is referring to.  Once you do that, and put your connections out there in the gateway, it will work.

@u02cm62 I have connected the July 2019(release 2) version of the personal gateway, and it is installed on the same computer as I made my scripts, so I don't think that that should be the case. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors