Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mterry
Helper V
Helper V

Error with refresh triggered by SharePoint list modification

I have a flow configured that refreshes a dataset in a premium instance any time an item on a SharePoint list is modified. The flow component is working correctly, but I'm getting an error in the Power BI service and the data is not actually refreshing. If I refresh manually then it does work without issues. I'm not the owner of the SharePoint site, but I am able to create, modify or delete items on the SharePoint list. I'm not certain what is causing this issue or how to fix it?

dataset refresh error.png

5 REPLIES 5
mterry
Helper V
Helper V

Wanted to bump back to see if my reply makes any difference?

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mterry 

Has your problem been solved ? If it has been solved, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @mterry 

It appears to be an issue with the API Version that you are using to refresh.

Can you make sure that you have got the latest version of the Gateway installed?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi GilbertQ-

For connecting to the site, I actually followed the instructions here so I did not need to use an on-premises gateway: https://radacad.com/change-excel-source-in-power-bi-to-onedrive-for-business-no-gateway-needed

Below is a snip of the source I used in Power BI, and the API version referenced is 15, so not sure if I need to change that? I do need to update my version of Power BI desktop still, but this error happened before the update was available. 

sourcesnip.png

Bumping this back up again

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors