Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

leudyston
Helper I
Helper I

Error while updating dataset manually and by scheduling.

Hello friends, I have a problem in a dataset that until 08/31/2018 normally updated by the schedule, without any explanation this set of data started to present errors in the updates.

errorupdate01.pngerrorupdate02.png

The point is that in Power BI desktop the manual update works normally, it does not show any error.
The gateway is working perfectly, too.
My biggest difficulty in solving the problem is that the error presented is neither clear nor specific, and I need help to know what might be causing it.

gateway.png gateway2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
leudyston
Helper I
Helper I

This issue has been resolved in another topic.
The cause of the problem was actually a bug in Power BI Desktop

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Error-creating-a-table-from-a-dax-expression/m-p/529184

Best Regards

Leudyston

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
leudyston
Helper I
Helper I

This issue has been resolved in another topic.
The cause of the problem was actually a bug in Power BI Desktop

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Error-creating-a-table-from-a-dax-expression/m-p/529184

Best Regards

Leudyston

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @leudyston

From your screenshot, it seems you install a on-premises gateway and it connect successfully. then you connect to a SQL Server datasource.

First, please refer to this article to check if you have applied the same steps and selected the same options.

Manage your data source - SQL Server

Configuring scheduled refresh

Then refer to the following article to search the similar scenario for yourself.

Troubleshooting the On-premises data gateway

Additionally, I don't understand the language of yours, could you show some in English?

Best Regards

Maggie

@leudyston First, always a good idea to make sure you are running the latest gateway version. Second, you can check the gateway log files for more specific errors. The folder location on the server that you installed the gateway on is here -> C:\Users\PBIEgwService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\On-premises Data Gateway\Gateway*.log

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

I really can not understand the log files, I have enabled the more detailed log, but I could not identify why the error occurs only in that dataset, because the same data source is being used in other data sets, but it does not this problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors