Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ghoshabhijeet
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Error while schedule refresh - getting error " This dataset includes a dynamic data source. "

Hi there,

I have developed a dashboard where the data is being pulled from Jira. The limitation of JQL is it gives 100 results at a time. So, I had to run loop to get all the data using Power Query. It is working fine in Power BI desktop but when I publish the same report in Power BI service. It gives me the below error message. Not sure, how to resolve this. Please help.

Error snapshot:

ghoshabhijeet_0-1598460750826.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @ghoshabhijeet ,

this blogpost consolidates all relevant info about dynamic datasources: http://blog.datainspirations.com/2018/02/17/dynamic-web-contents-and-power-bi-refresh-errors/

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

View solution in original post

@ehangreens  I have worked on your issue and it's solved. I have tested the solution on Power BI Service and the code works perfectly fine. The data is getting refreshed in Power BI Service.

Here is my M-Code solution:

let
Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://insyncsolutions.atlassian.net",
[RelativePath="/rest/api/3/search",Query=[q="jql=project in('BI')"],
Headers=[Authorization="Basic " & Credentials]])),
totrecords = Source[total],
CurrentstartAtList = List.Generate(()=>0, each _ < totrecords, each _ +100),
//a= List.Transform(CurrentstartAtList, each """" & Text.From(_) & """"),

data = List.Transform(CurrentstartAtList, each Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://insyncsolutions.atlassian.net",
[RelativePath="/rest/api/3/search",
Query=[maxResults="100",startAt=Text.From(_),jql="project in('BI')"],
Headers=[Authorization="Basic " & Credentials]]))),
#"Converted to Table" = Table.FromList(data, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error),
#"Expanded Column1" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Converted to Table", "Column1", {"expand", "startAt", "maxResults", "total", "issues"}, {"Column1.expand", "Column1.startAt", "Column1.maxResults", "Column1.total", "Column1.issues"}),
#"Expanded Column1.issues" = Table.ExpandListColumn(#"Expanded Column1", "Column1.issues"),
#"Expanded Column1.issues1" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Expanded Column1.issues", "Column1.issues", {"id", "key", "fields"}, {"id", "key", "fields"}),
#"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Expanded Column1.issues1",{"Column1.expand", "Column1.startAt", "Column1.maxResults", "Column1.total"}),
#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Removed Columns", each ([id] <> null))
in
#"Filtered Rows"

Power BI Service Data Refresh Success:

ghoshabhijeet_1-1648158802082.png

** If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution, so that it comes in top of the search and help others. Thank you !

Good Luck 👍

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Hi @ghoshabhijeet ,

this blogpost consolidates all relevant info about dynamic datasources: http://blog.datainspirations.com/2018/02/17/dynamic-web-contents-and-power-bi-refresh-errors/

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Facing same DATASOURCE REFRESH ISSUE issue, but the above link is not working.

hachishti_0-1661623525087.png

@ImkeF  Thanks for sharing the links. The blogpost did help, though the way to put it in Power Query was a bit tricky.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors