cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kuneeka_S
Frequent Visitor

Error while refreshing data on power bi service(Data source: python script)

Hi,

I'm getting the below error while refreshing data on power bi service. The data source is a python script. I have already set the privacy level as public, as suggested in some of the other messages on the BI community but that didn't help. Any idea how to fix this?

There was an error when processing the data in the dataset

Data source error:{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"ADO.NET: A problem occurred while processing your Python script. \r\nHere are the technical details: Process must exit before requested information can be determined."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Python"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Python"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.ErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.ExceptionType","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Scripting.Python.Exceptions.PythonUnexpectedException"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Message","detail":{"type":1,"value":"A problem occurred while processing your Python script. \r\nHere are the technical details: Process must exit before requested information can be determined."}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataSource.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: <table_name>
1 REPLY 1
akshay_vashisht

I am also facing the same scenario. I have a report based on python script. Once published, when I refresh and republish the report, the report at powerbi Services doesn't get refreshed. I have to delete the report and then clear the cache and then republish the report. This has occured post June month update.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors