Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

smit_2512
Regular Visitor

Error while creating report for AutoML PowerBI service

I created a dataflow , got my data(csv format) from onedrive. While crwating the dataflow gateway wasnt required and organization account was used.

The dataflow successfully refreshes, then i created an AutoML regression model. The model ran completely, but when i went to see the report it shpwed me the message of 

"There was an issue while preparing training report"

When i checked for the error message it showed

"Something went wrong

There is no gateway available"

Do I need a gateway when uploading files from onedrive?

How can i solve report creation issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I created a dataflow, and then added a gateway after the creation of the dataflow and not while creating it. It seemed to solve the problem. Now im geting reports created for my AutoML models

Adding a photo for solution SolutionSolution

Thanks @v-yuaj-msft 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @smit_2512 ,

Have you checked the limitations and restrictions of dataflow?
What's in your refresh history? Could you please show me more error details?

v-yuaj-msft_0-1611543845299.png

Best Regards,

Yuna

Hi Yuna,

I went through the limitations and restrictions of dataflow, and i ndont think that might be the problem.

posting photos of the error below,

Report creation failedreport creation failed.JPG

The refresh history

refresh history.JPG

The error it shows

gatewat issue.JPG

It runs the AutoML model successfully (Im able to apply the model). and the dataflow was created without any gateway, still it reshreshed and the AutoML model was applied. Only while report creation it shows me an error of no gateway available.

Hi @smit_2512 ,

Is your model stored on OneDrive? How is it imported into Power BI? I think there is no problem with your dataflow. It may be that the model and dataflow you build are not in the same area. I suggest you try to add and configure the gateway to check if the problem can be solved.

Best Regards,

Yuna

Hi @v-yuaj-msft ,

The dataset (.csv format) is stored in OneDrive.

It is imported by the Text/CSV option in create Dataflow. I too think the dataflow is fine.

Shouldn't the machine learing model be created in the dataflow?

I tried adding the same OneDrive data with a configured gateway, but then it showed me 'Invalid Credentials (Session ID: 1e4b6e23-0d45-4991-8010-853fd34ff313)' to all 4 kind of Authentication kind(Anonymous/Basic/Windows/Organizational account).

And I'm sure that the login crentials i entered aren't wrong.

Should I be requiring a gateway if im uploading dataset into dataflow directly from OneDrive?

Hi @smit_2512 ,

This is unexpected. I suggest you can file a support ticket here.

v-yuaj-msft_0-1611819329495.gif

Best Regards,

Yuna

I created a dataflow, and then added a gateway after the creation of the dataflow and not while creating it. It seemed to solve the problem. Now im geting reports created for my AutoML models

Adding a photo for solution SolutionSolution

Thanks @v-yuaj-msft 

Hi!

I have the same problem with training report, I see the solution is the gateway, but I should create the dataflow , then set the gateway  and the last step is the create the autoML ? , thanks .

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors