Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rohith351
Regular Visitor

Error while calling Dataflow: schedule refresh API using service principle..

I created an application in the azure active directory and created a secret principle for it. And I created a new security group and added the new applications secret as a member. And these pre-requirements are for calling a rest API on power Bi.
I then added the security group to the required workspace by assigning a role as admin in the workspace, so that the app can able to edit the objects in the workspace.

Coming to API calling with the app, everything went fine like dataset and group level except DATAFLOW level.

Coming to the Dataflow level, refresh API works fine but schedule refresh API  is returning an error, and the status code of error is 500 and the message of the error is "An error occurred."

And the same thing happened for Dataflow update API"  also does not work with service principle and returned an error and the error message for this API is "DataflowUnauthorizedError".

Note:  we should not use a username and password for calling API. 

Please Help I tried my level best But it is taking a too long time. 

1 REPLY 1
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rohith351 ,

You could try to create a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

Support_Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors