Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KimberlyS
Frequent Visitor

Error when viewing Members of old Workspace

When I am in the web service and have selected a workspace, and I click on the ellipses in the upper right, and select "Members" I get an error:

"We couldn't find a mainbox for this recipient.  Either they don't have a mailbox or don't have a license assigned."

X-OWA-Error Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa2.Server.Core.OwaUserHasNoMailboxAndNoLicenseAssignedException

I am an admin of the workspace, and can select "Edit Workspace" and then can view and edit members there.  Any idea what is wrong with the "Members" option?  The same thing happens with Calendar and Conversation.  Files works and takes me to the Documents page for the O365 group sharepoint site.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KimberlyS ,

Please check the solution as this case.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KimberlyS ,

Please check the solution as this case.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

The case you linked is the same error message, but following the steps in that case didn't resolve anything.  I think I understand what the problem is though.  Since the workspace owner is actually the O365 group that got created when the WS was created, and that group doesn't have an OWA mailbox set up, i'm getting the error.  I am able to edit individual workspace members via the edit workspace command, so I don't need access to the "Members" option.  I'm assuming it's something to do with how our tenant is set up.  It would be nice to be able to keep the group and the workspace in sync, but since the old workspaces are being phased out, it probably doesn't matter for much longer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors