Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error when trying to refresh dataset: COM error: Microsoft.Data.Mashup, We cannot generate a query f

Hi everyone, I'm trying to refresh my dataset in Power BI Service but I'm getting this error message:
Something went wrong
An error occurred in Power BI Premium backend services. Please see the error details for additional information.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Power BI Premium Backend Error: Failed to evict database 'caf77644-b521-465d-b25d-913a9ba69a82': COM error: Microsoft.Data.Mashup, We cannot generate a query for the given data source reference. Failure reason: We don't support the option 'HierarchicalNavigation'.
Parameter name: HierarchicalNavigation..
Cluster URI: WABI-WEST-US-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: f062c222-9787-4eae-bd33-44e05b756610
Request ID: 93527a70-a4e6-4801-9d5c-9b839aab8c74
Time: 2020-06-25 13:23:13Z

Any ideas? My main datasources are SQL Server, MySQL, Excel files, CSV file and Adobe Analytics

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

Hmm, a lot of people are having this issue today.

This is another topic with the same error.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/500-Error-Publishing-to-PowerBI-Service/m-p/1178875#M100407

I recommend filing a support ticket. If you have a Pro account you could open a free support ticket. Go to the support page to file a support ticket.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

Hmm, a lot of people are having this issue today.

This is another topic with the same error.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/500-Error-Publishing-to-PowerBI-Service/m-p/1178875#M100407

I recommend filing a support ticket. If you have a Pro account you could open a free support ticket. Go to the support page to file a support ticket.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I noticed that too! Thank you so much will try that!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors