Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

elia22gr
Helper II
Helper II

Error when trying to refresh Power BI report in the service with data from Microsoft Access

Hello,

I have an Access Database in a sharepoint folder. I get data from this database in a Power BI Report and in the desktop the report refresh normally. But when I tried to refresh it on the service I got an error

elia22gr_0-1669107487304.png

I have 64bit office.

Can you please assist? Do I have to install this and where in order to have the schedule refresh run smoothly? Do I have to setup a Data Gateway eventhough my Access Database is on a Sharepoint Folder?

Thank you in advance,

Eleftheria

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, you need gateway as access database is a legacey source
You need to install Access Database Engine 2010 on gateway server (not on local system).

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

As you are using access database (legacy source) you will need a gateway to refresh from Power BI

Configure a gateway and install The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255 on Gateway server
then create a data source for your access database file (even it is on SharePoint)

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!

@arvindsingh802 I need Data Gateway even though my Access Database is on Sharepoint? My office are 64bit. If I have to install the Access Database Engine where should I install it in order to run scheduled refreshes?

Yes, you need gateway as access database is a legacey source
You need to install Access Database Engine 2010 on gateway server (not on local system).

elia22gr
Helper II
Helper II

@Uspace87 you suggest to turn on the global permission?

@elia22gr 

No just check that you logged in with your credential for the sharepoint permissions.

Uspace87
Resolver III
Resolver III

@elia22gr 

You Don't need a Gateway because as you said the Access file you are trying to pull data from is on sharepoint.

The problem might be the data souce settings. Have you checked it?

Uspace87_0-1669114196924.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors