Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mhum
Frequent Visitor

Error when refreshing reports via on-premise data gateway (enterprise)

Hey guys!

I have an issue with refreshing reports within Power BI Service via the (enterprise) onpremise data gateway.   

When updating the dataset of the affected reports manually or on time, the error message "Cancel when sending or receiving a request" appears. (see screenshot below)

At that time, the gateway logging gives me this error message: „Failed to parse gateway core config file: The object reference was not set to an object instance.“

Only a couple of reports is affected by this issue. Other similar reports are updating properly via the gateway.

The reports were developed in Power BI Desktop as Import Mode. Data source are flatfiles within a onpremise fileshare.

The data source information in the report and the gateway configuration (power bi service) is identical.

Affected reports can be properly updated locally via Power BI Desktop and there are no errors in the data model or the loading path.

Does anyone have an idea to solve this problem? Has anyone already had a similar issue?

Thank you in advance for any hints!

Best, Max

Screenshot: 

Screenshot 01 Error message refresh.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi  @mhum,

Please uninstall your on-premise data gateway and reconfigure it. The error said gateway core config file is failed to get.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi Angelina, 

thank you for message and sorry for my late reply!

In the meantime we reinstalled the gateway several times and also updated it to the latest version. 

The issue still remains and now more reports are effected - but still not all.  

MS support is also on this topic, but still without results. So if there is anybody out there who had a similiar issue, please let me now. 🙂 

Best, Max

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors