Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SioShoo
Frequent Visitor

Error when refreshing data in power bi online

Hi 

I could really use some help

So i have a bunch of excel files linked to my power bi report i created on power bi desktop.

It refreshes no problem in power BI desktop.

I "published" it to my workspace, went to settings-manage gateways - settings of each data set added the credentals (OAUTH2 - "organizational") 

Saved and all fine. checked status, says its "online".

So when i go to refresh the data I get this error message 

Data source error: Scheduled refresh is disabled because at least one data source is missing credentials. To start the refresh again, go to this dataset's settings page and enter credentials for all data sources. Then reactivate scheduled refresh.

*inset the error numbers*

1) i do not want a scheduled refresh nor do i have it set up.

2) i have checked 20 times an the data set status says online. and the credetials i added worked fine 

i did notice that in liniage the "budget" data set (also an excel file like all the others, in the same place as the others!) is coming up like this:

SioShoo_2-1658909381558.png

why is the budget data different? its the same file type etc as all the others that are also excel? how can i fix this? is it even updating my data and just saying you cant schedule a refresh, or is it not working at all?

how can i resolve this and why is it appearing different to the others of the exact same file type and layout 

SioShoo_1-1658909356999.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SioShoo
Frequent Visitor

Resolved myself! sorry guys, for some reason even though the source in the power query is web.contents, when i clicked change source it said it was still a file!? 

SioShoo_1-1658911767243.png

Anyway i updated it and seems to be ok now! leaving this here in the event someone else has a simular issue:

Check this even if your "source" says web.contents(*****

SioShoo_0-1658911726689.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SioShoo
Frequent Visitor

Resolved myself! sorry guys, for some reason even though the source in the power query is web.contents, when i clicked change source it said it was still a file!? 

SioShoo_1-1658911767243.png

Anyway i updated it and seems to be ok now! leaving this here in the event someone else has a simular issue:

Check this even if your "source" says web.contents(*****

SioShoo_0-1658911726689.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors