Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error when publishing to Power BI report

I recently got Power BI premium on trial and trying to build a business case to get it on a permanet basis but I am unable to publish my reports. I get the following error:

"Sorry you don't have access to publish to this workspace. Please contact the owner for access".

This error is incorrect as I am the owner of that workspace (there is only one workspace) and currently the only person using Power BI. I have also tried importing the report from the service but still unable to do so.

Has anyone come across this issue before? Is there a settings on the firewall I need to change?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

As a workaround, you can Ggo to http://app.powerbi.com and then after you log in, click Get Data box on the lower left hand side and use “Files->Local file” entry to upload your PBIX file.

Capture63.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Make sure in Power BI Tenant Settings -> Workspaces and import Settings, below setting is enabled

arvindsingh802_0-1625569279942.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution and give it a thumbs up

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont see the tenant settings, perhaps that is why I cant publish? All I see is:

JohnDoeBI_0-1625569743455.png

It seems you are capacity Admin, please reach out to your Power BI Admin and reqeust them to enable that for you

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution and give it a thumbs up

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I find out who is the Power BI Admin or how do I become admin? I am the only person within the business that has Power BI premium so I am not sure who could be the admin?

Hi @Anonymous ,

As a workaround, you can Ggo to http://app.powerbi.com and then after you log in, click Get Data box on the lower left hand side and use “Files->Local file” entry to upload your PBIX file.

Capture63.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Please reach out to you O365 Admin they have all access to help you in this case

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors