Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error when exporting to PDF report with python visualization

Hello,

I do have a Power BI report with a Python Visualization. When I try to export the report to PDF I get a PDF file with an error message in the area of the python visualization. The error is "Python visuals are a Power BI Pro feature. Only users with a Power BI Pro license can create, view or interact with Python visuals". However I do already have a Power BI Pro license.

I can see the report without issues either in power BI Desktop or in the power bi portal. Also, if I print the report and then I save via the printing driver to PDF it works fine. But I cannot export it via the Power BI portal. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  @Anonymous ,

All the python visuals doesn't support the export to PDF. Suppose you have apower BI report with sone default visual and one of them are python visual, then in that case , you will able to see some error message as you mentioned. You can check the publisher of that Power BI python custom visual and check with him. In order to know about the publisher of the visual, select the visual from Visualisation pane and do right click and select "About".

I will always suggest you to use certified custom visual(Blue tick) for your report creation, these certified visual will support all the feature like any other default visual inPower BI.

Regards,
Amit

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear @Anonymous ,

I do not use any custom python visual. I use the default Python visual (Py) from Power BI Desktop and the Power BI script is a simple plot.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors