Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hart3

Error when attempting to remove a Dataset

I have several datasets in Power BI that we are no longer using and I have attempted multiple times to delete them from a group workspace. When I try to delete them I get the following error.

Something went wrong. Please allow time for the dataset removal to be processed, and then try deleting the dataset again.

I have attempted to go back later and try again, but it still will not delete. I have deleted other datasets before with out a problem.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
gerardmangan
Regular Visitor

I am also experiencing this problem. Have you managed to figure out a solution?

Yes, I found a solution, with the help of Microsoft support. The error was occurring because unknown users still had a report or dashboard in their workspace. When we originally used these datasets they were placed in a content pack, and one or more users had not updated the content pack since we removed the datasets. In our case I ended up deleting the content pack and then I was able to delete the datasets. I would recommend checking with all users who have had access to the reports and dashboards to confirm that they are not in any workspaces.

The solution worked. Thanks!

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I have not run into this one. Just deleted an 80MB dataset this morning and didn't have a problem.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors