Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

brunofpires
Frequent Visitor

Error updating odata feed from project online (pwa)

Hi.

I've added a odata feed from a pwa instance in PBI desktop without any issues, but when that report was uploaded to PBI services, it cannot be update anymore.

The error says "The credentials provided for the OData source are invalid" but it only applies to "AssignmentBaselineTimephasedDataSet" and to "AssignmentTimephasedDataSet". After I remove both entities, the update process works fine for the remaining data.

The error message is bellow (the dataset is in portuguese, but it refers to datasets names I wrote above)

Any ideas?

pbierror.png

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update to this? I am having the exact same issue. When connecting to "AssignmentTimephasedDataSet" the auto refresh times out with a "Credentials provided are invalid" message.

Error:

Data source type: 
Processing error: The credentials provided for the OData source are invalid. (Source at https://<TenantName>.sharepoint.com/sites/pwa/_api/ProjectData/AssignmentTimephasedDataSet.)
Cluster URI: WABI-WEST-US-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 2041d875-236b-4ba2-8171-7c0c802423c3
Request ID: 317d04c4-37fd-498d-8ad3-1089df2fedb8
Time: 2017-02-13 11:15:22Z

v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi brunofpires,

So once removed "AssignmentBaselineTimephasedDataSet" and to "AssignmentTimephasedDataSet", data refresh works under Power BI service?

Have you tried to connect to Project Online content pack?

Project Online content pack for Power BI

Currently it is not available for me to share the test results, I will also discuss this with my colleague, and will update here once I got any helpful information.

Regards

Hi Michael,

Exactly! After I remove both tables, the refresh works without any issue.

If I connect to Project Online content pack there's no problem with refresh process. But unfortunately I need to design my report using the PBI Desktop (to use some views and custom columns), so that is not a viable option to me.

It's really intriguing the error related to credentials. Cause without change my credentials I can refresh the report without the tables mentioned before.

Thanks in advance for your help.

BRUNO

Hi brunofpires,

Apologize for the late response.

I have involved some senior engineers to take a further investigation on this. If there is any update, will post back.

Regards

Hi Michael.

If I could provide any other details to help you to understand and replicate the issue, please don't hesitate to ask me.

Thanks,

Bruno

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors