Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

Error unable to login to app.powerbi.com

Hello,

I'm using office 365 account to login to app.powerbi.com but get following error. It was told to me that I need to enable "automatic tenant join" which was done by our office 365 admin? Any input what could be the issue, I tried both IE and Chrome.

Something went wrong.
Please try again later.
TECHNICAL DETAILS
An unknown error occured. If you continue to see this error please provide the following information when requesting support.
Date and Time: 2015-07-22 22:48:26Z
ActivityId: bd4774ce-2a32-473c-b7bd-3a4fd7c3a2ce

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

3 REPLIES 3
Jinji
Frequent Visitor

Hi

I got the same error here, and don't know how to solve it.

Have you got the solution? If yes, could you kindly share it with me?

AdamWilson
Employee
Employee

If you're looking for instructions on how to allow users to sign up for Power BI, check out this document:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Power-BI-in-your-organization-d7941332-8aec-4e5e-87e8-92073...

PowerShell is needed to enable/disable the AdHocSubscription items from Azure Active Directory.  If it is disabled, that means it was done for the Tenant.

I wrote a blog that shows how to turn it off.  You just need to set it to True instead of False to enable it again, if you are a Tenant Admin in Office 365.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/powerbisupport/archive/2015/02/18/ability-to-disable-free-sign-ups-for-th...

Adam W. Saxton | Microsoft Employee | Business Intelligence
@GuyInACube | youtube.com/guyinacube

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors