Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error refreshing dataset with direct query using on-premise gateway connection

Hi,

i am using Azure SQL database as a source for my report - the report uses a direct query connection. if i refresh the dataset - either manually or automaticaly, the status is that it is refreshed, however it is not. If i refresh the dataset from adesktop application, it works properly. Also the dataset, after publishing is refreshed.

What is wrong with that functionality? Shouldn't it be refreshed too, if we are using Azure SQL DB and Power BI service? Is it a bug or some settings should be additionally configured?

Regardsand thx

NCS

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Has the refresh been done in Power BI service.  What is the status of the refresh history, done or not? Did your refresh the browser to try again? If done, kindly clean the cache and try agian or just wait for a while to check again.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-frfei-msft ,

thank you for reply, yes, the refresh was done in Pwer BI service. The history of the refresh shows that it was sucsessful. the browser refresh does not help. Cleaning the cache also does not help.

regards

N.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors