Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NCS Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Error refreshing dataset with direct query using on-premise gateway connection

Hi,

i am using Azure SQL database as a source for my report - the report uses a direct query connection. if i refresh the dataset - either manually or automaticaly, the status is that it is refreshed, however it is not. If i refresh the dataset from adesktop application, it works properly. Also the dataset, after publishing is refreshed.

What is wrong with that functionality? Shouldn't it be refreshed too, if we are using Azure SQL DB and Power BI service? Is it a bug or some settings should be additionally configured?

Regardsand thx

NCS

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Error refreshing dataset with direct query using on-premise gateway connection

Hi @NCS ,

Has the refresh been done in Power BI service.  What is the status of the refresh history, done or not? Did your refresh the browser to try again? If done, kindly clean the cache and try agian or just wait for a while to check again.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
NCS Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Error refreshing dataset with direct query using on-premise gateway connection

Hi @v-frfei-msft ,

thank you for reply, yes, the refresh was done in Pwer BI service. The history of the refresh shows that it was sucsessful. the browser refresh does not help. Cleaning the cache also does not help.

regards

N.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 421 members 4,582 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: