Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error refreshing dataset using on-premise gateway connection

Hi,

I'm new at using Power BI service and data gateway. I am in trouble with refreshing my datasets. I have an on-premises data gateway and I added some data source, from a Web site and from SQL Server. I built a Power BI Desktop file using data from the Web site, then I logged it in Power BI Service and set planned refresh. The refresh was not completed as I obtained this error message:

Help.png

I just don't understand what I am missing. I think my credentials are ok, I set them in data gateway and while setting data refresh for my dataset. I use basis credentials with "sa" as username, should I use maybe Windows credentials? What's the password for that? I have Microsoft account and many others, but I don't understand what's my Windows account and if it's necessary to solve my problem.

Thank you very much for help!

Please help me

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

HI there

From your error, it appears to be with your Website connection in that it needs a valid credential in order to extract the data from the website.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for help! So the problem may be the website and not my gateway or my credentials? Anyway, how can I recover my Windows credentials? 

I do not think you Windows Credentials are an issue. Those appear to be right for connecting to your SQL Server.

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried with another website and gain the same error. Can't it be something about Windows credentials? I'd like to try them but I don't know how to recover them.

Hi there

I would imagine for a Website it would not use Windows credentials.

If you are not sure what the credentials are, I would suggest creating new ones if no one in the organization can assist?

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors