Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mindorf
Frequent Visitor

Error refreshing: The command has been canceled.

I get the following error on my dataset in the web version of Power BI (also emailed to me):

Klynge-URI: WABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Aktivitets-id: e95e0d70-4376-4d69-9dd2-9691984d0257

Anmodnings-id: 1171d5ce-e40b-4701-a68d-5089d021ed76

Klokkeslæt: 2017-09-13 14:07:53Z

The error does not occur in the Desktop application.

I have two data sources: one SQL database (around 20.000 rows) and one https JSON feed (60 rows).

No other error information is available. Not very helpful.

Best regards,

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Angelia,

Thank you very much for your reply.

This would have been the next step for me, however, after much debugging and frustration, i found the reason.

To resolve the problem, i created a copy of my workbook and then started removing data sources one at a time.

Finally, after removing some of the tables, the error message became more meaningful: "The specified culture is not supported.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface."

I reopened my copy of the original workbook. I had set the culture to English (Denmark). After changing this to English (UK) and refreshing data sources + republishing everything works fine.

I don't know why the original error message masked the real error before. I did nothing in the original workbook other than changing the culture. So it must have been the same error, just not surfacing correctly.

I hope this helps someone else with the same problem.

Best regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mindorf,

You get data from SQL Server database and JSON file, create report in Power BI desktop. Then you publish it to Power BI service, right? If it is, if you install data gateway and add data source in gateway?

I post the following articles for your reference, hope they are helpful.

On-premises data gateway
Manage your data source - SQL Server

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any other issues.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi Angelia,

Thank you very much for your reply.

This would have been the next step for me, however, after much debugging and frustration, i found the reason.

To resolve the problem, i created a copy of my workbook and then started removing data sources one at a time.

Finally, after removing some of the tables, the error message became more meaningful: "The specified culture is not supported.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface."

I reopened my copy of the original workbook. I had set the culture to English (Denmark). After changing this to English (UK) and refreshing data sources + republishing everything works fine.

I don't know why the original error message masked the real error before. I did nothing in the original workbook other than changing the culture. So it must have been the same error, just not surfacing correctly.

I hope this helps someone else with the same problem.

Best regards,

Martin

@mindorfhi, how to set the culture?

Hi @Kelly_Zhu and @alexgs,

First of all @Kelly_Zhu I'm sorry for not replying earlier to you, i had not seen your post.

If i remember correctly, what you have to do is:

1. Open the PBIX file.

2. Go to the File menu -> Options and settings -> Options

3. Go to Regional Settings (under the "Current file" headline in the left menubar)

4. Change to English (UK) - at least that is what i did - others may work.

Hope this helps you.

Best regards,

Martin Mindorf

Hi Martin,

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Kelly

I see just errors everywhere! Soo people now I want to create a feed-reader and search for the tickets to such wonderful shows like https://thecolorpurpleshow.com/ .Tickets to this show are hard to find, but if I created the feed-reader I would do it easy!

Hi,

Could you tell me how to change the culture?

Thanks,

Kelly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors