Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

samjalloul

Error "This content isn't available." when using Publish to Web (public)

I have created  two work spaces, 

When I "publish to web (public)" a report from one of them , end users can access it through their browser without a problem, without needing to log in or to have a license (hence "public!"). 

When I "publish to web (public)" that same report from the second workspace, end users click the new link but get error "this content isnt available"

i tried to compare both workspaces, but cannot figure out what is missing for the new one  (Called "Related" in my example t make it work. Screenshot:  power bi workspaces .

5 REPLIES 5
dineshsuhagia
Regular Visitor

Did you manage to resolved it? I am getting simillar issue.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

It would be, because the second one is published from "My Workspace" and that is why the content is not available.

If you put that into a Workspace it should then work.

As I am sure you are aware remember that anyone with the link can see the data, and I have seen instances where a google search can find Publish to web links.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

No that is not the problem. 

The personal "My Workspace" reports are working prorperly when published pubicly. 

The reports from other workspace do NOT work when published pubilcly.

furthermore, when i move report from one workspace to the My Workspace, and publish it again, then it starts working correctly again. i suspect is an issue with the new workspace created but i cannot find what it is. 

Hi there

Could it be possibly an Admin setting?

Could you confirm with your Power BI Admin that they allow Publish to Web?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thank you for contirnuting but this is a low effort guess given the parameters already described:  it would not make sense that I can publish in one workspace but cannot publilsh in the other workspace if this setting was off;  the admin setting to publish is per user not per workspace. Also. i am the admin. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors